Tuesday 22 November 2011

Transport: The mechanism used by antibodies to destroy antigens

Agglutination                                                              Neutralisation

Antibodies clump pathogens together                       Antibodies neutralizes the toxin of

Easier for phagocytes to capture & destroy               bact by binding to a toxin molecule.

                                                                                   Prevent the toxin attach to a cell.



Opsonisation                                                                    Lysis

Opsonins bind to antigens to act as marker.              Lysins bind to the antigen cause

Antigen can be easily recognized & destroyed          antigen to rupture.

by phagocytes.

2 comments:

  1. I find many useful things herewith. It is really amazing for us. Where ever we are, just click on the website and Take advantage .Your article impressed me very heartily. From a last decade I was searching such type of website. Thanks for giving me a space in your blog. I refer this to my close friends who are already seeking for the same .Thanks again guys…
    Antigens and antibodies

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not every day that I have the possibility to see something like this.. the latest

    ReplyDelete